Friday, December 13, 2013

Final Days

"You get educated by traveling"
                                 Solange Knowles
 
Well my time in Australia is coming to an end. The last couple weeks were filled with plenty of beach trips, studying, and taking exams. I had three exams and they were to be as expected...hard, felt like we never talked about anything that was on the exam, and hard. However, it was interesting, to say the least, to experience the exams here in Australia. The exams were held in the gymnasium and it sure was transformed. There was carpet placed over the hard gym floor, tables were lined up in rows, and each seat was given a seat and row name. The way I've been describing it is as in the Harry Potter movie when they take their O.W.L.S. No bags, phones, or extra papers are allowed in the examination hall, only clear water bottles were allowed as labels were to be taken off of water bottles, and there was a perusal time of fifteen minutes before the exam (this was actually helpful). Nonetheless, I'm glad its all over with!
 
I have also been spending my last couple days at the beach and pool, despite some rain that we got earlier in the week. It was bittersweet having to leave the beach yesterday as it was my last day there. I think that's one of the things that I'll miss about Australia...just being able to take a bus to the beach for the day and relax.
 
I've truly had an amazing time here in Australia and I want to take the time to thank some people who helped me get where I am today. First, I would like to thank my parents who, despite the constant messages and texts to Skype the past four weeks, have continually been there encouraging me to do my best and experience new things. Additionally, their constant support has been tremendous through this entire endeavor and I'm truly blessed to have them. Next, I would like to thank Mr. Miles Qualmann who has been my travel companion for the past four months. I want to thank you for putting up with me, my crazy thoughts and the occasional complaining about my horrible roommate. I'm not sure this trip would have been as much fun without your terrible jokes, but always positive attitude. I would next like to thank the amazing friends and acquaintances I have met while 'down under.' I will definitely miss the American stereotype questions at meals from my med friends. All of those who I've met have truly made my experience here in Australia even better! Finally I would like to thank my family and friends who have supported me in my decision to study abroad. Without all of your constant support and words of encouragement, I'm not sure I would have been able to really commit to going. (Sorry this paragraph was super long, there were just a bunch of people to thank!).

 
Well, in less than twelve hours I will be on my way back home...and to the cold, so I'm told. I am all packed and ready to wake up at 2am! Thanks for following along with my adventure in Australia and I'm sure I'll see you all soon.

Here are some more pictures from the Great Barrier Reef that I never posted...




 
Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
 
Cheers,
 
:-: Katie :-:



No comments:

Post a Comment